Kitesurfing lessons how to kite school
Progression / steps to kiteboarding
The following tables are a detailed explanation of the different skill levels to achieve. Check your level according to the International Kiteboarding Organization certification standards:- validate your levels, from your first body drag to your first jump,- allow instructors to know exactly what you have
learnt and from what point to take up your training.
- Carry and set up the lines and kite
- Determine the wind direction, up and downwind (windward, leeward).
- Pilot a small kite (inflatable, stunt kite, foil…) on the wind window edge and maintain it close to the ground.
- Know how to stop the kite power in case of
problem by releasing the bar. Be aware that the kite leash must be worn at all times, before kite launching and until landing.
- Be aware of the area where the kite can fall ( down wind to the pilot).
- Recover the kite on land.
- Position the kite on request from 9 to 3 o’clock on the wind window edge.
- Launch a kite with an assistant and choose the right angle to the wind.
- Pilot the kite in the power area without crashing it.
- Twist and untwist the lines while the kite flies.
- Recover a kite and secure it on land.
- Land a kite with the help of an assistant.
- Pilot a kite hooked to the harness.
- Pilot hooked to the harness with one hand. ( in water)
- Activate the harness release system or quick release located on a leader line.
- Perform a downwind course by body dragging and using the power of the kite.
- Relaunch a kite from the water.
- Wind the lines in the water and recover the kite.
- Perform a self-rescue in deep water.
- Launch a kite alone on land.
- Identify potential wind obstacles creating lift or down draft and be able to define the wind direction. Understand that practice with onshore wind is dangerous.
- Define if the practice area is safe for practice.
- Set up and check the equipment alone (kite, line, control bar).
- Go away from the shore (with side-shore and side-on-shore wind) while body dragging, go
down wind and come back to the shore.
- In the water, pilot a kite with power from one side of the wind window to the other, passing by the power area. The pilot must be able to perform while piloting the kite at different heights from the water.
- Perform the previously mentioned exercise while piloting with one hand.
- Know the water start theory: board and body positioning, kite piloting.
- Recover the board in deep water and position the feet in the foot-straps and keep the position while piloting the kite.
- Stand up on the board and ride while moving the kite up and down.
- Tie the board leash alone.
- Set up a 4 line kite alone and check that it is properly done. Obligatory at this point if it hasn’t been done before.
- Pilot a 4 line kite.
- Activate the safety systems of a 4 line bar (power loop, leash).
- Adjust a four line kite while using the power loop.
- Adjust the trim system of a 4 line kite to avoid it to fly backward or to adjust the power.
- Know the right of way rules.
- Ride away from the shore and come back to the shore.
- Edge on the heel and toe side to change the course.
- Accelerate by edging down and moving the kite.
- Stop by edging.
- Be able to keep an edge.
- Ride away from the shore and come back at starting point. Ride upwind.
- Constantly ride upwind.
- Recover the board without the leash, by body dragging upwind.
- Ride a twin tip. Optional if it has been done before.
- Switch of direction.
- Know the theoretical approach to jumps.
- Perform a sim
Miami Kiteboarding lessons Hatteras How to kiteboarding
A. IKO has basic information kite surfing Progression
B. Concepts of using wind, geting kite to pull us where and how we wont
C. kite Flying Simulator, a no wind kitesurfing fun
1a. Beach Rigging Set Up kitesurfing gear
1b. Boat Rig & Kitesurfing Pre-Rig
2. Safety Pre-Flight kite check
3. Launch the Kite
4. Water Launch & Re-Launch
5. Moving With The Kite
6. Riding (kitesurfing)
7. Turn / Change Direction
Hatteras kiteboarding lessons phone :
Miami Kiteboarding lessons the How to kiteboarding, kite board Water sports with IKO & PASA school, lessons understanding to bring you signatur real deal 305 600-0669 kite surf Miami kiteboarding, Hatteras kiteboarding Ph: 252 557 1111 , kiteboarding lessons, Miami kiteboarding lessons, Hatteras kiteboarding lessons